A global design showcase, a brand new streamlined layout and the fact that Decorex Joburg now occupies every available space in Gauteng’s largest exhibition centre means that this year Africa’s largest décor, design and lifestyle exhibition moves into a whole new era.
Angela Chatfield, General Manager Sales, has overseen the new look at Decorex Joburg and believes visitors and exhibitors alike are going to be pleasantly surprised: “We’ve refreshed the layout of the exhibition completely and so far it is definitely the best I have ever seen.”
Decorex Joburg takes place from 6th to 10th August at Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand. 100% Design South Africa takes place alongside Decorex Joburg and one entrance ticket will give visitors access to both exhibitions.
Highlights of this year’s Decorex Joburg include:
The launch of 100% Design South Africa, a showcase for contemporary design and décor, with a unique African perspective including residential, office, hospitality and product design, takes place alongside Decorex Joburg.
– Exhibition Director Cairey Baxter-Bruce explains why the exhibition is coming to South Africa: “100% Design started in London and has become the leading exhibition for forward-thinking design. Following exhibitions in Tokyo and Singapore it was felt that the time was right to introduce 100% Design to the African continent. With South Africa being the gateway for business throughout the continent, it is the natural choice to have South Africa host an exhibition of this caliber, alongside the renowned Decorex SA Exhibition.
– Surface designer Caesarstone – who this year also staged a flash mob at Decorex Cape Town – is a global leader in lifestyle design and will be bringing an updated trend forecast programme to Decorex Joburg on 7th August this year.
Dion Chang will be reporting on the latest lifestyle trends, Dion is the go-to guru for brands and companies needing help to make sense of the changing consumer landscape, as well as to sift through the, often overwhelming, information overload. Lisa Aspeling of Caesarstone will report back from EuroCucina on the latest kitchen trends.
Don’t miss your opportunity to attend Africa’s largest décor, design and lifestyle exhibition this August at Gallagher Estate in Midrand. Click here to book your ticket for the last leg of the Caesarstone Design and Trend Forecast talk on the 7th of August 2014 at Decorex Joburg or Visit www.decorex.co.za for more.
– The unveiling of the 2015 Plascon Colour Forecast. Every year Plascon reveals the latest colour trends in an eye-catching pavilion at Decorex Joburg that provides plenty of eye candy and inspiration for visitors.
There’s talk that the new generation paint effects that will be demonstrated on the stand are unlike anything we’ve seen before.
– The work of some of South Africa’s leading interior designers, including Decorex SA patron Stephen Falcke and Sam Lurie and Peter Gordon of Sprout Design. Stephen will be showcasing his award-winning style in collaboration with Home Fabrics and Sprout is working with St Leger & Viney.
– The Belgotex Trend House will feature the work of six of Gauteng’s interior experts plus five newcomers in the Belgotex Young Designer Showcase, where visitors can experience innovative flooring executions.
– As both contemporary and investment art plays an increasingly prominent role in home décor and design, Decorex Joburg has committed an entire hall to showcasing 23 exhibitors showcasing local artists and art galleries.
– Similarly, the world of handicraft has enjoyed a tremendous revival in recent years which means the Craft Collective pavilion continues to be a popular area at Decorex Joburg to find handmade and unique pieces of homewear and crafted design.
Exhibitions are hard work and it is important to have convenient access to refreshments, especially when you’re navigating your way around seven halls.
– Each restaurant area at Decorex Joburg is a themed feature offering visitors an inspiring, beautiful and tasty experience relevant to the hall in which it is situated. For example, in the Plan and Build hall the boys are going to enjoy the trendy Build Bar serving beer and boerie rolls. The Chocolate Lounge in the Inspired Spaces hall is a place to indulge and relax.
– The Lunch Box was inspired by the stylish takeaway restaurants in Paris and is perfect for the busy visitors who need to eat on the go.
“We are immensely proud that the recent tie up with Reed Exhibitions: the largest exhibition company in the world – has brought with it the opportunity for us to take Decorex Joburg to another level,” said Sian Steyn, General Manager Decorex SA Portfolio. “The partnership with 100% Design South Africa and a new look for Decorex Joburg means there’s renewed energy in the show and I hope visitors and exhibitors are going to feel it too.”
Decorex Joburg details:
Gallagher Convention Centre
10am – 7pm daily. 10am to 6pm on Sunday
Adults R100, Students/pensioners R85 and Children under 12 R15
Decorex Joburg ticket sales are now open, click here to make an online purchase.